Just in time for Summer.
This is really easy to make, delicious as all get out and a great visual presentation on the table to boot!
1 Cobb or other PastaDura Bread loaf
300ml extra virgin olive oil
100ml balsamic vinegar
1 garlic clove, crushed
5 ripe tomatoes
Tub of Bocconcini Cheese
1 small red onion
½ bunch basil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Remove the inner white from the bread crust.
2. Cut the white into (closely) even sized cubes and place on a tray.
3. Place both the crust shell and the tray of bread cubes into the oven and bake until golden brown and dry.
4. Allow to Cool.
2. In a bowl add the bread and garlic. Drizzle with the oil and balsamic and toss to coat evenly.
3. Remove the core from the tomatoes and roughly chop.
4. Thinly slice the red onion
5. Chop the Bocconcini into rough pieces
6. Pick the basil leaves and tear into small pieces.
7. Mix all of the ingredients with the bread and return to the scooped loaf
8. Season to taste and serve immediately.