A great recipe for a flavoured vegetarian style pasta. Easily converted to a vegan recipe with some basic substitution and is delicious as a base for the vegetarian lasagna. Also wonderful when cut into fettucine and tossed through with a light olive oil, crushed garlic and flaked chilli.
Ingredients (per 2 people)
- 120 grams of Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 floret branch of broccoli
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Combine the broccoli, garlic, eggs and oil in a blender and blend until a smooth paste.
- Add the broccoli paste to the flour and knead as described in The Dough basics
- Cut the sheets to the appropriate length
- Remember to par-boil the sheets before utilising them for lasagna or cannelloni.
- Potato flour works nicely with this recipe as it plays against the broccoli and adds a little extra starch to the pasta — this is important if you want to “vegan-ise” the recipe and remove the eggs. Simply add 2 extra spoons of oil and 40ml of water to maintain the moisture required.