There are days when you need a vegetarian meal. Then there are days where you just can’ be satisfied until you have wolfed down a steak the size of your head. This recipe if for those latter days.
A matured Rib Eye Steak has a great beefy flavour, but a marinade of Wattleseeds and Liquid smoke, along with some native Aussie Rainforest herbs raises it to a whole new level. The Rib Eye comes out with a rich smoky aroma to counterplay the beef roast smell while a nutty flavour with a zesty lemon-pepper style tang make the meat seem richer and decadent.
Served with a good Bordeaux, (or for something different – a Sparkling Shiraz), your taste buds will be in meat lovers paradise.
Ingredients (per Steak):
- 1 3-Week Matured Rib Eye Steak
- ⅔ teaspoon WattleSeeds
- ½ teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- ¼ teaspoon Mountain Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Lemon Myrtle
- ¼ teaspoon Sumak
- Pinch Black Pepper
- Pinch Salt
- Tablespoon Macadamia Nut Oil
- Place the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Pour in the liquid smoke and Macadamia Nut oil and mix well
- Pour over the Rib Eye and allow to marinade for at least an hour
- Place the marinated meat on a hot skillet at a medium flame
- Wait until the brown, cooked colour looks like it’s reached half way up the side of the steak
- Turn the steak over, sealing the opposite side and then place the skillet into a pre-heated 180°c oven for 20 minutes (Medium)
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest in the skillet for 7 minutes
- Serve with Wild Fig & Macadamia Salad and/or a Perrinnaise Potato Salad