I have been falling behind on my posting recipes as I make them, so I am flooding the blog with posts of the notes I made in my evernote as I was cooking.
This is another experiment borne from the fact that I had a few aubergines sitting in my veggie bin staring at me accusingly for failing to have utilised them during the week, so, my Mrs being a huge fan of the eggplant dip, I decided to try my hand at it.
I am told it was “pretty damned good”
- 2 Eggplants, cut into large cubes and oven roasted
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- Tablespoon Lemon juice
- Two tablespoons chopped Parsley
- Tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt to Taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place cubed eggplant on tray. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes or until eggplant is soft. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Scoop eggplant onto a chopping board and begin to roughly chop the eggplant,
- Transfer eggplant to a bowl, add the garlic, half the parsley, lemon juice, salt and olive oil and using an immersion blender, blend the ingredients
- mix in the last of the parsley and the spring onion
- Transfer to an airtight container. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.